Monday, August 15, 2011

We're Going to Be Parents!

We came back around end of June from our honeymoon in Brazil and Peru (that deserves a separate post) hoping we'd be pregnant in no time. Lo and behold, I found out I am pregnant weeks after. I showed Dale the pregnancy kits and we immediately went to the doctor to have it verified. Our first visit to the doctor turned out to be too early to detect a heartbeat via ultrasound. We had to come back to the doctor a week after and had to keep it a secret from friends and family. At 6 weeks and 2 days, the ultrasound confirmed I have a baby in my tummy with a healthy heartbeat.
First picture of our baby at 6 weeks and 2 days.

Good thing is - I haven't been experiencing morning sickness or difficulty eating during my first few weeks. In fact, I was hungry all the time!! I have to eat small meals every two hours or so. I also started to drink more milk and take some pre-natal vitamins. It has so far been an easy first trimester for me.

I'm on my 9th week now and I noticed I'm starting to be too sensitive with smell. I can't stand the smell of frying oil - yes, even frying bacon, which I previously liked before. I'm starting to not like too much perfume too. I hope this doesn't get bad. I'm actually relieved I'm not having a difficult pregnancy. I still have a long way to go - 7 months 'til we see our baby! For now, I'm trying (with Dale's help) to keep a healthy lifestyle. I try to eat healthy food and do everything I can to keep our baby healthy while he/she grows inside me. I'm lucky to have a very supportive-bordering dadzilla-husband. Dale is always on the lookout for anything that will keep me and our baby healthy.


3 comments:

vistan said...

nag-post din! haha

paleo baby na yan! :P

yeng said...

nagtitingin nga ako minsan sa everydaypaleo.com, ang dami na ng pagpipilian recipe. alin ba dun na-try nyo ng masarap?

vistan said...

yung mostly nasa blog namin ngayon galing sa recipe book nya (ewan ko lang kung nasa blog nya). masarap yung sun dried tomato with olives na puree. bagay sa steak or burger