Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Singapore Stop Over - Part 1 of 3

Last February I flew from Doha to Singapore where I met up with Yeng who flew from Manila. Im now back in Qatar and I just wanted to share pictures from our 4-day Sg stop over.


After waiting for my wife for 3 hours at the airport, we headed straight to Clark Quay where we stayed.


View of the Novotel at Clark Quay where we stayed.


Already hungry, we decided to have dinner at Clark Quay. Here are the lamb chops and kurobota pork we had at Hot Stones. The lamb chops were tender but the kurobota pork was forgettable. Over-all the food was OK, but I thought it was overpriced. But then again this was to be expected from restaurants at Clark Quay.


Some turkish ice cream to cap off dinner. Turkish Ice Cream was good in a gooey and sticky kind of way, however IMHO a little bit more cream in it would do it some good.


The following day, we grabbed a quick bite downstairs at Kopi Tiam. For me, these are staples everytime I visit Sg.

Kaya Toast
Kopi Tiam - Kaya Toast

Soft Boiled Eggs
Kopi Tiam - Soft Boiled Eggs

After breakfast we headed off to see Asia's version of Universal Studios.
Universal Studios Singapore

Having missed lunch, we headed off to Toast Box for a quick bite after what seemed like an endless day of rides (we even got to try the yet to be opened Battlestar Galactica rides!)

Laksa. This is one of my favorite Malay/IndoChin dishes. My preference is the Katong Laksa and the ones you find in hawker centers in Borneo.
Laksa


Thick Toast with Pork Floss
Thick Toast Floss

Milo Pearl Drink and Iced teh Tarik
Milo Pearl and Teh Tarik

For dinner, one of my friends in Sg took us to No Signboard seafood along the Esplanade.
No Signboard Seafood

We were so hungry, I did not remember to take pictures of the dishes before we devoured them! What remained of chili crabs, cereal prawns, kangkong with belachan, and baby squid.
No Signboard Seafood

After dinner, we strolled from the Esplanade to the Merlion. To my wife's disappointment the Merlion was under renovation. I was still able to take pictures of the available views.

Singapore
Marina Bay Sands
Esplanade
Marina Bay Sands
Singapore Flyer
Esplanade

To be continued...

No comments: