Monday, September 27, 2010

Wedding Errands Minus the Groom

When Dale and I got engaged, I never thought I'd be running wedding errands by myself. I'm used to having him to drive us around, to decide with me or to argue with me in determining details for the wedding. But now that he's in Qatar, I can't just sit back and wait for him to come home to do these things with me.

So a few weeks ago, I drove myself to Makati for my first trial makeup. The feedback was relatively good. I attended a wedding that day and I can say that the makeup lasted the whole day. My friends saw the pictures and they have a common feedback - it looked too natural, like it's for everyday makeup. I'm not yet decided whether to get her or not. I'm actually getting stressed out on who to get as makeup artist. Someone please decide for me? I'm so close to leaving this detail behind. Yes, I'm that stressed out!

My bridesmaids and I also went to Salsatrends last September 18 for their measurement. We were able to finalize the designs for the female entourage and pick the swatch for their gowns. I can't wait to see them all dolled up in these beautiful gowns. We'll be visiting Salsatrends again some time in October for the rest of the female entourage.

Finally, I went to my designer to fit the base of the top of my gown. It wasn't anything fancy yet. Martin is making sure that he gets the right fit before stitching up the rest of the details. I also got to pick the swatch for my gown. Right now though, I can't seem to picture how it will turn out - especially the color, since the swatch is just a small piece of cloth. But I trust my dear talented designer. I'm sure he'll make one gorgeous gown and I can't wait for my next fitting!

1 comment:

socs said...

I thought your makeup was great! Baka pwede mo ipa "vamp" pa ng onti? For my trial makeup iba yung eye makeup ko e, and then I asked Sabs to change it for the wedding. Generally they make it as natural as possible because thats what most brides want, but if you give them feedback, baka mas okay?