Friday, March 5, 2010

Down to Two

I had a hard time looking for a designer for my gown. I know there's a lot of designers doing bridal gowns now. But because I'm the type of bride who wants a nice gown but who doesn't want to spend much on it, I had a hard time looking for one that fits my budget. I inquired from about ~10 designers, met up with 5 of them, and now I'm down to 2 choices. I loved both their designs. I loved how my meetings with them went. They helped me visualize the gown I vaguely have in mind, gave me a few ideas, and told me what would look good and not.


The first one is a young designer. He's new but he's really good. He dresses the stars and is now making a name in the fashion industry. He gave me 4 designs to choose from, all of which I loved. He kind of followed mostly the pegs I sent him. And the rate he gave me was just about my budget. We instantly clicked, he's like the gay friend I've always wanted to have.

The second one has done more bridal gowns than the other. I saw some of his work from a bridal magazine we bought. I have a feeling that his rate is higher than the first though (he hasn't given me his rates). But he gave me an offer I just couldn't resist - he's going to lend me not just one, but three dresses for our engagement shoot. I was initially planning to have one nice dress made for the engagement shoot, now I don't have to do that if I decide to get him. He's the sweetest designer I've met, and like the first, he's the kind of gay friend I'd love to have.

I still don't know how I'm going to make this decision. They both gave me great designs and they both became instant friends to me and Dale. The only thing that will make this decision easier is if the second designer's rate is outrageously higher than the first. So let's see, I have til next week to decide. After which, I'm off looking for a designer for my female entourage and for a hair and make up artist.



P.S. Look at the ticker!! Grabe ang bilis, 2 months have passed already. 10 months to go!!

7 comments:

dale said...

Uy himala, nagsulat ka na uli! Hehe i think you are a record holder in terms of number of designers consulted for a wedding gown.

yeng said...

I think for a groom, record holder ka rin sa number of designers consulted :p

dale said...

Sa tingin mo??? I think hinde. Hmmm, Jill if you read this ilan designer tiningnan ni Choy?

Jill said...

Just one! :) Ako din, one designer lang pinuntahan ko. :) Good luck sa pagpili nyo! :)

dale said...

Haha Jill nilaglag mo naman ako! Nakapili na ko. Si Jerome Lorico!

Anonymous said...

I was surfing the net and came across your website :)

My friend recently got married and they got Jerome Lorico to design the suits of the groom, dad and brother.

She was SUPER stressed come wedding day because quarter to 2pm na WALA pa rin yun suits!!! They were supposed to leave for the church at 2pm pero hindi pa nakabihis ang groom, dad and kuya ni bride! My friend was super stressed that day talaga, hindi nakunan ng maayos ng pics si groom kasi nakasando at pants lang... yun dad and kuya rin ng friend ko, muntik hindi makunan kasi wala nga suits!

Ang naghatid nung suit was his friend lang daw na nagmamadali pa umalis. Parang takot magpakita sa friend ko! Ang promise pa ni Jerome, 9am SYA ang pupunta and magbibihis kay groom. Pero hindi sya dumating at nagpunta sa ibang wedding nya. Ok diba?

Ang ending, my friend REFUSED to pay for the balance they still owe. Sa stress, hassle and sa nawalang chance na makapag picture ng marami yun photographer nila, siguro enough na compensation yun.

dale said...

Ms/Mr. Anonynous, thanks for your input. Is this true? If it is then thats so traumatic indeed.

Just have to take that into account in planning the delivery dates.

I don't understand why the suit was not delivered before the wedding day. I would expect the norm to be a couple of days prior to the wedding day so that the grrom can inspect the cleanliness, press/wrinkles, smell, etc of the suit.

In fact this is what I will do :-)