Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The After Party

As Yeng and I have written in earlier entries, the wedding we are planning is really really small (by Pinoy standards). As in 60 guests small. This is to maintain the intimacy of the occasion and hopefully manage the costs of a destination wedding (and as Yeng would remind me, because I was makulit/mapilit).

Friends always go "Wow galing, but how did you manage to invite all your friends, relatives, officemates, etc.?". We actually didn't manage to invite all of them to the wedding, but, yes, we are inviting them to celebrate our wedding.

On Jan 14, 2011, exactly 6 days after our wedding, Yeng and I will be hosting a dinner party to celebrate our wedding. This will just be a simple dinner with friends, family and relatives - probably with a very small program.

This is actually an added challenge for us (and our budget), but we think it's worth it. It would be a good way to share our blessings with friends and relatives.

As of now we have booked the clubhouse of Greenhills West, we are still on the hunt for a suitable caterer. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

socs said...

wow 60! congratulations!
not gonna happen sa wedding namin hehe :)

dale said...

Yeah, Yeng and I are actually experiencing the difficulty of having a very small wedding.

Last week I attended a baptism where I was a ninong. Most of my relatives where there asking the date of our wedding. I could only answer, "basta pagkatapos ni kuya". Too embarassed to give a date for fear of any follow up questions.

KennQ said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)