Thursday, April 8, 2010

Groom Must Do #1 - Losing Weight

There are two things that Yeng has asked me to do ASAP.

1. Lose weight
2. Get a haircut

I stand a few mils below 5'6" and according to this morning's weigh in, I'm currently at 144.2lbs. Based on healthchecksystems weight/height charts, I'm already nearing overweight territory (I used medium frame 5'5" height).

Overweight. Damn, that's harsh.

When I met Yeng back in 2005, I was probably weighing around 138lbs. I was a regular at the gym then and because my salary limited my choices, I was subsisting on a regular dose of fast food. Not what you would call healthy.

Then I met Yeng and moved to Shell. With a steady dose of dates and an improved salary enough to finance more calories, I ballooned to 154lbs.

At around this time, we scheduled a trip to Palawan where I would need to be half-naked (top half, mind you) in beaches more than 50% off the time. I went back to the gym and tried out the south beach diet. I lost 20lbs and weighed in at a low of 134lbs. Ive borrowed some picture's from Yeng's multiply site and here are two pictures when I was at 154 and when I was 134lbs. Now I look more like the 154lb version, only with longer hair.

153lbs 134lbs

I've lost my way since then and weighed 140lbs two weeks ago. Then the holy week came and I went home to enjoy some good old home cooking and treats like scramble. I weighed myself last Easter, and voila! 147.8lbs! Overweight again!

I just started my gym routine again yesterday and I haven't had rice since Easter. So even if I'm still overweight at 144.2lbs, its actually a big improvment from 147.8. My goal is to be at 135 on our wedding day and with exactly 9 months to go, I think this is very much doable.

10 comments:

yeng said...

Dapat wala din top yung 154lb version para makita talaga ang difference. Picturan kita mamaya. Hahaha!

dale said...

144lbs pa lang ako ngayon! Mag-gygym ako mamaya noh! Bawal kontrabida dito!

vistan said...

134 ka nung nasa palawan? ripped a...

pucha dude, akin na lang yung 10lbs mo!!!! hehe

dale said...

Yung 154lbs, ripped din. Mari-rip na yung rashguard ko sa katabaan ko hehe.

Ano ba target mo? Try mo papayat, ririp ka easier.

vistan said...

150 ripped kung kaya. pero mahirap yun mas madali 145 ripped. around 145 ako ngayon pero hindi ripped hehe

dale said...

145 ka!!! Magkasing bigat tayo, pero matangkad ka. ganun ako kataba.

Unknown said...

huhu.
the bridesmaid must lose weight too.
lots of weight.
pakshiet!!!

mataba na nga ako, nag-gain pa ako ng 35 lbs. since i met caleb. *groans* bakit kasi ang sarap kumaiiiiiin. LOL!

P.S. i like the word verification na lumabas when i was about to post this - menymani
hahahahaha! :D

Unknown said...

and i agree, get a haircut naaaaa! :D

dale said...

Rain, sabi nga ni Kate Moss, nothings tastes as good as skinny feels! Hehehe.

yeng said...

Rain sabi sayo breakan mo muna si Caleb eh, papayat ka muna, gang December lang, after non pwede mo na balikan. Hahahaha!

See Dale, get a haircut naaaaa! even my pamangkin noticed your hair naaaaa!